CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: WORLD SUMMIT ON THE INFORMATION SOCIETY (WSIS) PRIZES 2021 CONTEST
The World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) has opened a call for submissions of WSIS related projects to the contest for WSIS Prizes 2021. The contest is open to entities representing Governments, Private Sector, International and Regional Institutions, Civil Society and Academia.
The WSIS prizes contest was developed to create an effective mechanism to evaluate and recognize individuals ,governments, civil society, local, regional and international agencies, research institutions and private-sector companies for outstanding success in implementing development oriented strategies that leverage the power of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT’s) as an enabler of the development.
The WSIS 2021 contest serves to identify and showcase the success stories across the WSIS Action Lines defined in the Geneva Plan of Action and Sustainable Development Goals. For more information about WSIS visit : https://www.itu.int/net4/wsis/stocktaking/prizes/2021/
To submit projects, stakeholders are requested to complete the submission form for WSIS Prizes 2021 online at the following link: www.wsis.org/prizes .
The closing date for submission is 25 January 2021. All entities submitting their projects for the WSIS Prizes 2021 are also required to submit via email, a summary of the project submission to BOCRA for filing purposes.
The five (5) phases of the contest are as follows:
• Phase I: Submission phase: 5 November 2020 – 25 January 2021 (Deadline for last submission: 23:00 Geneva time)
• Phase II: Nomination Phase: 1 February – 26 February 2021- Revision of submitted projects that will result with a list of 360 nominated projects, twenty (20) projects per Action Line Category (18).
• Phase III: Public online voting: 1 March – 31 March 2021 (Deadline for casting last vote: 23:00 Geneva time); (identification of five projects per category with the highest number of votes)
• Phase IV: Selection Phase: 25 January 2020 – 7 February 2020; Selection of winning projects by the ITU Expert Group
• Phase IV: Selection 1 April – 12 April 2021 Selection of winning projects by the ITU Expert Group that will result with a list of winning projects
• Phase V: Prize Ceremony: 18 May 2021: Public Announcement of winners during WSIS Prize 2021 Ceremony at WSIS Forum 2021, and the release of publication “WSIS Stocktaking: Success Stories 2021”, which is a compilation of extended descriptions of the 18 winning projects and 72 champion projects.
For further information or any enquiries, please contact:
Mr. Olerato Tiego
Tel: +267 3685571
Mr. Edwin Kooletile
Tel: +267 3685412