CRASA - Administration Assistant
The Communications Regulators’ Association of Southern Africa (CRASA), based in Gaborone, Botswana, is a consultative association of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Postal Regulatory Authorities in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) region. As an Implementing Agency of SADC, the focus of CRASA is to harmonise the ICT and Postal Regulatory frameworks in the region. To achieve its mandate, CRASA works closely with SADC Secretariat and other international organisations and organises various regional events that bring together experts, policymakers, regulators, and services providers in the field of ICT and Postal sector policy and regulation.
CRASA wishes to appoint an Administration Assistant(C2), who must be a citizen of Botswana, to serve on a fixed-term contract of four (04) years:
1. Main Purpose of the Position
To provide administrative and support services to the CRASA Secretariat.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
- Office Administration
- Coordinating office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to CRASA policies.
- Keep stock of office supplies and place orders when necessary.
- Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for CRASA Secretariat staff.
- Oversees the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate data entry and processing in the company’s ERP, Time & Attendance, and Financial systems.
- Coordinates with vendors and outside services to ensure timely delivery and completion of materials and services, and to obtain timely quotes from multiple sources.
- Oversee procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Negotiates the purchase of office and production supplies, materials, equipment, and services in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Identify and facilitate any fault finding and repairs (where appropriate) to office assets and facilities.
- Ensure that the Secretariat offices are maintained and in general good condition.
- Always facilitate the maintenance and safety of the fabric of the building and facilities.
- Be familiar with all aspects of the general building operation including maintenance schedules, general services, health and safety regulations.
- Provide effective stakeholder engagement and answer general enquiries from staff, contractors & visitors etc., by phone, online or in writing as appropriate and in line with applicable CRASA policies.
- Carry out any further duties commensurate with the role.
5. Relevant Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate in office administration or relevant field is preferred.
- Qualifications in secretarial studies will be an advantage.
- At least 2 years of previous experience in office management or office administration.
6. Core Competencies and Skills
- Strong Organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles.
- Dedicated and flexible with a ‘can do’ approach to working, a team player.
CRASA offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with other similar posts in the Country.
Suitable candidates, who must be nationals/citizens of Botswana, should apply and upload:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contacts of three (3) referees
Applications should be sent through the link below:
For further information or clarification please contact the CRASA at +267 315 8468
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 15th December 2020
- Only Nationals/Citizens of Botswana may apply
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- CRASA is an equal opportunity employer.